
Dorothy: Was getting all A’s and being number one in your class hard to accomplish?
Jeff: It was a little tough, I guess, to maintain a 4.0 GPA. I wasn’t worried because in most classes I was able to hold at least a 97%, so I was not stressed out by being in the bubble (A-/B+ range). A.P. U.S. history and my freshman English class were the most difficult classes. I test well though and that always helps.
Dorothy: What this a goal going into high school?
Jeff: Yeah, and Dad provided a little incentive by telling me if I got all A’s I would get a new car. (However, I heard Dad in the background saying that he had no recollection of this…haha) I mean I’ve always gotten all A’s except for a B in religion in 6th grade because I forgot to do 1 assignment. It’s always my goal to do my best.
Dorothy: Did you have to study a lot to maintain your 4.0 GPA and become number 1 in your class?
Jeff: No. Luckily I can just remember a lot by listening and paying attention in class.
Dorothy: What is your best high school memory?
Jeff: Medaling in the state track and field meet individually for the first time last year.
Dorothy: You have had an outstanding track season this year. What was your favorite moment?
Jeff: Favorite moment…..hmm….I have two: setting a PR (personal record) this weekend (in the 800m – 1:55.3) at the Mid-West Meet of Champions (that he got invited to by being one of the top seniors in his event in IN) and winning the regional meet in Ft. Wayne.
Dorothy: Was this season easier or harder than last year?
Jeff: Harder because I didn’t have Chuck to keep me in line and push me in practice. It was a fun season though.
Dorothy: Thanks Jeff. Enjoy your summer before you begin college.
Jeff: Thanks. Goodnight Dorky
2 comments:
Jeff rocks. ¡Punto!
YAY JEFF!!!! I didn't know you were valdictorian, WOOOOOOOOOWWW! CONGRATS!!!! See you in Houston!!!LOVE, Dolly.
Post a Comment