Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Catherine is Cleaning Up Her Act!


Peter: Okay! So now what we're going to do is....I'm going to type a word and your gonna type the first word that comes to mind. It's called word-association.
Cacko: Yes. I am ready!
Peter: Okay...just type whatever you first think of don't analyze it or deviate from your instinct.
Cacko: No worries. I will turn off my brain.
Peter: just one word answers please
Cacko: I actually do not have any pink clothes. I look terrible in pink!
Cacko: Celular
Peter: latebreeder
Cacko: dog
I am doing this very quickly. I hope no one analyzes this!
Peter: Skin game
Cacko: Nintendo
Peter: Binky the Bish
Cacko: cochroaches
We have cochroaches in my house in Salto, Uruguay.
Peter: seesaw
Cacko: children
Peter: Vidbox
Cacko: Botox
Peter: Chester
Cacko: the cat
Peter: voodoo
Cacko: witches
I think this is sort of silly, Peter.
Peter: market fresh
Cacko: sandwich
Peter: freshness in a bag
Cacko: ziplock
Which we do not have here...
Peter: "stinkleton fresh zip stride"
Cacko: rubbish
Peter: Skin flake
Cacko: cetaphil
Peter: Chicago smell
Cacko: gas
Peter: dirty Kendallville
Cacko: pigs
Oops. Maybe I should not have said that.
Peter: Dork
Cacko: Dolly
Peter: Okay
Cacko: ¿Es todo?
Peter: wizzard of Oz
Cacko: green witch
Peter: plants
Cacko: health
Peter: mean
Cacko: I need to eat more plants cruel
Peter: well anyways
Cacko: Is that all?
Peter: you have anythign you want to address about Uruguayan sanitation standards?
Cacko: They are generally comparable to Chilean standards.
Peter: that bad eh?
Cacko: Uruguayans tend to flush the toilet paper down the toilet, but Chileans do not They tend to throw it away.
Peter: why are they so disgusting in your view?
Cacko: I do not know what you are talking about.
Peter: So now tell your fans a little bit about your lifestyle these days...what is it like being "Cacko?" in Uruguay??
Cacko: Actually, most Chileans and Uruguayans call me "Cati" because it is easier to pronounce. "Catherine" can trip up tongues. I am living with two other Fulbrighters, Elizabeth and Marylin.
Elizabeth reminds me a lot of Liz! Marylin is from Honduras.
Peter: ARE THEY HOT?
Cacko: Well, Salto can get pretty steamy in the summer. But it is fall not, so not really.
Peter: NO...THOSE CHICKS...ARE THEY HOT?
Cacko: Peter, even if you did seduce them, they are not interested in long-distance relationships. I'm sorry.
Peter: what is your favorite form of Uruguayan entertainment?
Cacko: Mate. Or murgas.
Peter: what is that?
Cacko: Mate is a type of tea that Uruguayans drink all day long. They drink it at home in the morning, at school, at work, at night ... and they often sit around and share mate with friends in parks and things.
Murgas are a kind of "anti-establishment" theater.
We went to one last Friday, and it was a little boring because we were so cold and could not understand much.
You should look it up on wikipedia.
Peter: okay will do. What are your basic plans for the next two years?
Cacko: Well, I will be in Salto, Uruguay for until July 1. Then I move to Montevideo to continue the Fulbright until November.
Then I want to head home for Thanksgiving and possibly Christmas before flying back to Chile. I want to study in Chile before applying for a doctorate in political science. Wish me luck! That is it.
Peter: what about Lucy's wedding?
Cacko: Oh yes. I plan on going to Lucy´s wedding in August with Diego!
Peter: I think we should make a movie there...like a 20 minute short
that has suspense and drama!
Cacko: Oh I am up for that! Something short would be good.
I will probably be there for a maximum of one week, so I probably do not want to spend all of my time working on the film.
But I agree that we should try it.
Peter: Awesome. What do you want to say to your family for this blog entry?
Cacko: I am very happy, and I am learning a lot! I am learning a lot therefore I am happy! And of course I send hugs, kisses and love from Uruguay!
Peter: okay awesome thanks for your time can u send this to me because I don't seem to be able to cut and paste from this window also send me a pic
Cacko: ok

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please make a movie while you're here in Houston for the wedding! It wouldn't be a true family occassion without doing so!