Monday, April 28, 2008

LIZ GETS PRIZED JOB AT TEMPLE UNIVERSITY IN PHILADELPHIA!!!



WKN!: Are you ready to go on the Record?

LIZ: Yes I am!

WKN!: So whats up?

LIZ: Well, I found out that I passed my Comprehensive Exams for my master's program AND I accepted a full-time job all in the past four days!

WKN!: where?

LIZ: At Temple University in Philadelphia - It was my top choice of jobs and I'm so exciting to move to this city!

WKN!: On behalf of Witwer Kids Now I want to wish you a wholehearted CONGRATS! Describe the job.

LIZ: Thank you so much!! Well my title is Program Director for Leadership Development Programs
I'll be responsible for the overall management, development, and assessment of their comprehensive leadership program, named the Student Leadership Program
Here's the website to learn all about it! http://www.temple.edu/studentleadershipchallenge/challenge.htm

WKN!: So when do you start and where are you going to live and all that?

LIZ: t's a newly created position as well; currently a committee of Temple faculty and student affairs educators coordinatte aspects of the program, so there is much growth, opportunity, and potential for this position!
My start date is June 2nd, and at the moment I am not 100% sure where I'll be living right away
My supervisor, the Associate Dean of Students, is currently looking into solidifying temporary housing for me in a 2-bedroom residence hall apartment on campus until I find the best long-term place for myself
I've been talking to lots of friends familiar with Philly and I think I want to live in Center City and just take the subway to work every day. I am really just relishing in the moment right now...cherishing my last days of grad school and friends here at Miami...It's been a really special two years, for which I am very thankful

WKN!: Wow that sounds so great! What does it feel like to have "arrived"?

LIZ: "Arrived?" You mean a place where things seem to just feel "right"?

WKN!:
I don't know

LIZ: Most definitely...Oh I know! I just feel such a state of peace and gratitude right now I've let go so much past pain, and now just see abundance and beauty in life now

WKN!: So where were you earlier this evening?

LIZ: Oh, well I was at my favorite restaurant in town, Kona Bistro, with three of my great friends celebrating passing our comprehensive exams and my job! I just took Vi there when she came to visit and Mom and Dad have been there many times

WKN!: so lets play some word association

LIZ: Hahaha I thought you'd never ask! Oh but first... Per your request I am going to send a picture of me celebrating It was taken the night I got the call that I passed Comprehensive Exams
with my roommate and two other friends
and you must note in the caption that you can see my Indiana voter absentee ballot in the background (by accident) Which could be the deciding vote on who will be the Democratic Candidate AND the next president!
(just a side note under the caption)

WKN!: Who is favored in Indiana?

LIZ: It's a toss-up - It's in Obama country (25% Hoosiers watch Chicago TV), but Sen. Bayh is campaigning heavy for Clinton.

WKN!: why would a good man do such a thing?

LIZ: You know he endorsed her way back in September I think...and a lot has changed since then...but Bayh's a good man nonetheless. But it's hard to talk politics "on the record" ya know?

WKN!: I think thats the only way to talk politics. But lets do some word association: Job:

LIZ: Temple

WKN!: Philly:

LIZ: Brotherly Love

WKN!: Temple

LIZ: Leadership

WKN!: Position

LIZ: Director Sorry, am I boring? haha

WKN!: Graduate

LIZ: Degree

WKN!: Yesss!!!

LIZ: The arm motion associated with that
(you know what I mean, with the fist?)

WKN!: Temple Job

LIZ: The right fit

WKN!: Middle East

LIZ: Temple Job!

WKN!: War and Poverty

LIZ: Temple Job!

WKN!: Okay well so much for that....Is today one of the happiest days of your life and did you find out today?

LIZ: Well today I just have this incredible peace/gratitude feeling - one of my friend's at dinner interrupted the conversation tonight to say "Liz, you just look really happy right now." and all I was doing was listening to my other friend speak
I actually was offered the job on Friday morning, but officially accepted the position this morning...I just needed to have it soak in

WKN!: Well I'm very happy and you'll have to come down and visit since Philly is like 2 hours from Rockville, also I need you to reccomend that your female students go out with me. Cool?

LIZ: HAHA, well not my students, but hopefully I'll make some great friends and introduce you!!

WKN!: sweet! Well do you have anything to tell the family in closing?

LIZ: Yes, can I share a quote that's really resonating with me right now?

WKN!: go ahead

LIZ: "The adventure of life is to learn. The goal of life is to grow. The nature of life is to change. The challenge of life is to overcome. The essence of life is to care. The secret of life is to dare. The beauty of life is to give. The joy of life is to love." William Arthur Ward - I think that pretty much says it all

WKN!:
Awesome!

No comments: