Thursday, January 3, 2008

Dolly: "Explore the Other Side"....






Dolly has it rough. A whole family full of "awesome people" and no one to share in her borderline-radical political beliefs. WKN! caught up with our beloved Dorkafish to explore the intricacies of Fish, Culture, Norway and of course politics.


WKN!: So Dorkafish...why do you like Norway so much? What does Norway have to offer that the good old U.S. of A don't?

Dorothy: aren't you going to ask me if I'm ready to go on the record with WKN??!

WKN!: well are you because the first question is on the record Dorothy: ok Norway has m any things that the US doesn't have and vice versa, but the most important to me is Simon and his family

WKN!: yes but what about your family here rumor has it we're not important anymore.

Dorothy: yes, I miss my family but luckily I got shipped off to summer camp so I learned from an early age to survive without my family and meet others and have a fun time me: But the indirect psychological support I get from family members who think it's a positive thing that I live in Norway is priceless and necessary for me to live happily this far away

WKN! So anyways do you think you can beat me in Basketball? because you can't why do people call you Dorkafish?

Dorothy: I'd rather coach you than play against you. But if I was to play you I'd beat you. There's only one person who would call me such a terrible name, and I don't like it!! me: what do your friends call you?

Dorothy: (what's with you and unflattering names!!?)here the Norwegians at work call me "D-o-r-o-tee" cause they can't say the "th" sound and they enunciate every letter as in Norwegianin Indiana most people say my name "Dorthy" instead of "DorOthy" like Lee says it

WKN! what do you think about Chuck (and soon Jeff) going to Hillsdale? you're a trend-setter?

Dorothy: I'm very pleased because Hillsdale is a very fine institution. I'm afraid though of the ultra-conservatives there and explicit lack of "the other side" meaning the views of the Left...I think college should expose students to many different views. This is why I think Hillsdale was very good for me (because I have LEft tendancies but went to an ultra-conservative school) and why Cahtherine did so well at Smith (cause she has conservative tendancies but went to an ultra-liberal school) I don't like the political polarization that is so prevalent in the US. Very different from Europe where it'snormal to have 7 or 9 different parties in a country...Sorry I got political on you! Let's change the subject!

WKN! well why is Norway lagging behind the US in terms of culture...etc?

Dorothy: ?

WKN! You don't even like Norwegian soccer...you watch English soccer and listen to American music and whatnot

Dorothy: I don't understand your question "why isn't there any culture in Norway...

WKN!: I know why Norway IS a great country but we're talking about America

Dorothy: Norway has it's own football (soccer) and own artists (A-ha, September When and a 1000 others) but other larger countries like USA and England have popularized some of their best exports like music and sports around the world.The US listens to the Beatles and The Police and the Smiths and other non-American bands too!

WKN! And we love Daft Punk and Air from France

Dorothy: right

WKN!: well anyways dorkafish can you give your fans some adivce to close out this interview

Dorothy: Wow, I have fans! OK, some advice....get to know the other side

WKN! Please elaborate for dummies like meyou mean Europe?

Dorothy: "the other side" is a metaphor for many things like the other side of the coin, the opposing view, the path less taken....confidence is key in life and I think you get confidence from studying "the other side" in order to be firmer in your own beliefs and convictions. Did you get that?

WKN! thank you for your time

Dorothy: thanks for creating WKN!

No comments: