Sunday, January 13, 2008

SGT. STOLZ GOES ON THE RECORD!!!




WKN!: Are you ready to go ON THE RECORD with Witwer Kids Now?

Robbie: ERRR! Let's git-r-done!!

WKN!: So Robbie, Tell us a little bit about what you’ve been up to the past few years?

Robbie: Well, about 1 year ago I was discharged from the Marines, and since then I’ve been working towards my degree.

WKN: You’ve been doing that at the University of MD and this year you are studying at the American University in Cairo. What are you studying and what’s Egypt like?

Robbie: I study Arabic and political science. Living in Egypt is very interesting. Everyday you just never know what will happen or what you will see.

WKN: Tell me about your Military service? What’s it like being a Marine? When exactly did you join the marines and why?

Robbie: I stepped on the Yellow Footprints March 23 2003. The next three months I could never forget. Everyday was hard and everyday was harder than the last. My drill instructors were some mean SOBs but I learned a lot from them. Over the next four years there would be good times and bad but looking back we had a lot of fun. It was an awesome experience and I grew tremendously from it. The Marines challenged me in every way because everything you did had to be done to Marine standards, which is pretty high. From this experience I took a way an attitude that I can get through anything and accomplish whatever I choose too.

WKN: What was it like serving in Iraq? Do you think you were serving for a good cause?

Robbie: Yes, don’t you?

WKN: Do you think invading Iraq was a good decision? What do you think we should do now with Iraq? Do you think we should start bringing back our units?

Robbie: We need to keep the pressure on the enemy, keep training Iraqis, and do more to get the Iraqi economy going.

WKN: What is your opinion of George W. Bush? Who is your favorite presidential candidate so far? What national issues need to be addressed in your opinion?

Robbie: Bush is Bush, I have not been very impressed lately. For the next president, I want someone who can inspire Americans to make sacrifices for the common good. I guess if I was forced to vote today I would go with John McCain.

WKN: Why? He's publicly stated that he wants to continue the war in Iraq

Robbie: McCain has served honorbly in the military and made huge sacrifices. He understands the military, talks straight and doesn't make false promises or give false hope.

WKN: What is your happiest moment hanging out with Witwer cousins? What was the funniest?

Robbie: Gee, so many memories it's pretty tough to pick. I guess whenever we were all together those were the best times. It hasn’t happened in a while so we should make a point to all be at Thanksgiving next year! Also our summer vacation in Hilton Head, North Carolina.

WKN: What are some of your goals in the coming years?

Robbie: I want to meet a nice girl, buy a farm and become a falconer.

WKN: What do you see as being your role in this complicated world?

Robbie: I would like to keep learning about the world, and if I think I can make an impact then I would like to contribute in some way to making a more peaceful, prosperous and harmonious world.

WKN: Do you have a girlfriend?

Robbie: No

WKN: Who have been some of your biggest influences in life besides me?

Robbie: Well, Peter no one has really topped your influence in my life.

WKN: Thats what I thought. Do you have any closing thoughts or want to touch on anything I may have left out?

Robbie: No, thanks Pete.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Robbie -- Thanks for sharing your wisdom with your cousins — online and in person. I know Paul and Liz had a fabulous time with you in KW!! We are all so grateful for your service in Iraq and proud of your bravery! Lots of love, Grace